Company interested in hiring me, but I want to start in 2 years at the earliest

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Roughly 6 months ago I attended a recruiting event from a company I was not sure I wanted to work for. I really liked the event and the employees that were there but decided that I would rather not try to get a job there. They were interested in me and offered me a shortcut in the recruitment process (I could skip the first part of it).

In the meantime, I changed my mind and am actively considering applying there again. After the event, I received a few emails from them inviting me to some other events I wasn't interested in. Now I am wondering how to best express my interest in the company after not having any contact for several months.

What further complicates my situation is that I am still in my Master's degree, which I will finish in roughly 2 years, so I am not looking for a job right now but in around 2 years time. I'm studying in Germany and the job would be here too. How best to proceed?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

My assumption is that you attended a recruiting event and have had no contact with the company since that time.

There's no harm in expressing your interest in the company, and making a general inquiry as to what the process might be to apply there, and what type of positions they are looking to fill.

Typically companies do not have a 2-year hiring window, so you likely wouldn't impact their decision at this point.

Part of being ready for a job when you graduate is to make connections and contacts in the interim, and updating those contacts as the time grows closer.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community