Company is indifferent to my immigration issues - should I contact the CEO?

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am working for a company for the last 3 years, they sponsored me on Tier 2 General.

My UK visa will expire in July of this year, the company was supposed to renew their COS allocations in January but they still haven't done it.

Here are the reasons I have been told for this:

• HR was too busy, they applied in March but it was rejected for reasons not known to me

• Their immigration lawyer was too busy

In the same period as above they were able to get another newly-hired (less than one year) employee restricted COS for their visa (This process is far tougher than what they need to do for me).

I re-informed my manager about my concerns but nothing much has changed.

HR deceived me by saying that they received COS allocations in March but later on we found out that their request was rejected by Home Office.

This is a small company and I am desperate to get my visa extended otherwise my residence clock will be reset and I won't be able to come back for a year.

I tried explaining my problems to my manager and HR but they just don't seem to be taking matter as seriously as they ought to.

Summary

• HR doesn't seem to be understanding the urgency of the situation
  • My manager doesn't let me talk to HR about immigration. He wants me to go through him for unknown reasons

Maybe there is something else going on which I am not sure about?

I believe I am a productive part of my team but you never know what is going on in other people's hearts.

Questions

• I have very little time and I am desperate to get my visa extended. Should I involve company's CEO as it's a small company of less then 50 people. If yes, then what should I say?

• I have been told by the manager that if I speak to the CEO and if he gets angry over the matter, I might get fired (I am not sure how true this is).

Not so related concerns

• In worst case scenario if I couldn't extend my visa, I will have very little time to tell my landlord about leaving the house I rented.

• Similarly getting vaccination for my family including less than a year old son.

and other travel related issues etc.

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You can hope for a miracle if the CEO knows and likes you personally, and it sounds like you can't make things worse so you might as well try, but the CEO would generally let lower management decide whether you were worth the trouble. Delegation is why multiple layers of management exist, after all.

Make plans assuming you will lose this appeal.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community