How can I politely ask a recruiter of a start-up firm about on-time salary?

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have received an offer from a firm which is more of a start-up href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/nature">nature. Since they are willing to make a good offer I am a lil' apprehensive of the href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/credibility">credibility of the same. I continue to wonder whether they would be punctual in crediting the salary on href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/time">time. Since I believe in talking things in a forthright manner, I would like to ask the recruiter whether the salaries would be made regularly.

Please suggest how can I clarify my concern with the HR in a polite manner without sounding crude.

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Joe has it right. Don't worry about sounding "crude," as you put it.

Just ask. These questions may best be answered by a business person, not an HR person, but that depends on the people. This is business, and startups are risky business. It will help your case in your interview process if you ask questions that show you care about the company's situation.

You can say something like this.

"Please tell me a bit about your company.

"Where are you getting the cash for payroll and other expenses? Please tell me a bit about your investors. How long is it until you need another round of financing?"

You can even ask these questions:

"Who are your competitors? Do you have any key customers lined up? What are the critical success factors in succeeding in your business? What do you expect me, personally, to do to help make the company successful?"

The "what do I need to do?" question is important: it shows you understand that you're a part of the company's success.

Don't be the slightest bit embarrassed to ask these questions. You won't annoy any serious entrepreneur by asking them. Quite the opposite.

If you get evasive answers, especially about the company's investors or financing plans, you need to be very careful about the job.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community