How can I request employer to release for necessary documents on the last working day

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have resigned from my current company last month. I spoke with my HR yesterday, asked him that, "What documents would I get on the last working day?" He told, we'll send an exit mail which has all the details like your Joining date to last working date. After 15 days we'll do Full and Final settlement, we'll issue the relieving letter.

Here I have a problem, my new employer asked me to carry the following documents on the date of Joining.

1. Service certificate. MANDATORY
  2. Relieving Letter. MANDATORY

But, my HR says we'll just send an exit email nothing more than that. After 15 days we'll issue relieving letter.

I am worried with this problem, can't understand how to deal the situation. Should I send an email to the following people?

TO: HR, HR ADMINS
CC: My Director, CTO
Subject: Requesting for exit documents and experience letter on last working day.

I am sorry for the below negative questions that my mind is thinking infinitely and its questioning me, not allowing me to sleep atleast. I accept criticism for my negative questions.

• What if, he doesn't give my documents after 15 days. Is there any proof(written confirmation) that he would give in 15 days. If so, I can show the proof to new employer. Otherwise What? Asking him for proof is ethical doesn't it look cheap SRK?
  • Is my current employer goal is to make me unemployed loosing this and that?
  • Once after your last working day, you are out, What if there is a situation like "If you call them for documents and they are rejecting your call and not allowing you to get into office? Then what?
  • If nothing worked then you'll be on road, having 3 years gap in career. You'd get some irrelevant(NON-white collar) jobs, your education over the years will be gone in vain and is trivial.

In fact, I have no experience understanding the exit processes, since this is my first company in my career. I am looking for guidance.

How can I ask my current employer politely and diplomatically to get my documents safely to my hand on the last working day? What should I do to be legally shielded to get the documents at-least after 15 days?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Full disclosure: I don't live where you live, and have never heard of either of the documents you reference. Things in the US are a bit more flexible.

Talk with your prospective new employer's HR department. Tell them that you want to start the new job as soon as possible, explain your current employer's policy to them, and ask if they will accept a copy of the exit email, and let you get them copies of the documents as soon as you get them.

Worst case, you're going to take two weeks unpaid vacation, between your last day at your current employer and your start date at your new one. If your financial situation is so dire that you can't miss even one paycheck, you have far bigger problems than just a paperwork scheduling issue.

Far more likely, your new employer will be willing to accept a printed copy of the exit email, and let you give them copies of the letters when you get them.

NOW, depending on where you live, there may be legal issues that prevent your new employer from making the above accommodation. If that is the case, see previous paragraph about "two weeks vacation". And consider emigrating to someplace that values workers and allows them to work freely.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community