How do you develop a solid hiring workflow? [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm a computer Science major working at a consulting company who was given the task of restructuring our Hiring Process. I have no idea what I'm doing really. I was given a basic out line and I've been fumbling my way through some charts. I find the charts to be really annoying because of all the what ifs that need to be demonstrated, making flowcharts incredibly complicated. I'm also researching Applicant Tracking Systems will little understanding. One of the big requirements my manager had was weekly updates on passive candidates. This seems to be a feature I never see (We are a small company so that won't be too crazy of a list). Is that because its a terrible feature? I also am always seeing ATSs that are geared more towards recruiters and not towards internal departments.

One of the things I'd really like to see are some example workflows for hiring. I want to see if I'm on the right track with what I have.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I don't have an example of a programmer hiring workflow, but here is an outline of what you should do to create one that fits this company.

1. What is the goal of changing the hiring? Better candidates? Decrease the time it takes to hire? Making sure no one misses anything or everyone who needs to get involved is involved. Simiplify the tracking?
  2. Create a general workflow of the existing system. This may be a mess, but that's the point. If this was working they wouldn't need you to do this task.
  3. Who is required to make a hiring decision? Can this list be limited?
  4. Meet with employees you're glad you hired and get feedback on the good, bad and ugly parts of their hiring process. Were the interviews too long, too many, wrong interviewer, etc.

Take all of this feedback and create a suggested workflow that is much more simple. Not only should you track passive candidates, but track and encourage referals from existing employees.

Another part of this process, is everyone needing to document what they're doing. Someone is going to suggest additions, but you need to push back on the complexity issue. Usually people back-off when they discover their suggestion will create more work for them.

Finally, devise a way to measure this workflow. Does it meet the goals?

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community