How to ask HR to extend my joining date before my offer letter was issued

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I've been working in a company for 3 years and recently i was hired for another company and i said that my notice period was 30 days.

They sent me a salary breakup today and asked me to acknowledge. As it is ok for me but the thing is my current company set my relieving date on a particular day and the very next day was my committed week of joining,and I hardly need 1 week to switch, but officially I haven't received offer letter.

So how can I request my HR to concern my request while issuing my joining date in offer letter? Can I include my expected date of joining while acknowledging to salary breakup?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

If you do not have an offer letter yet, do not give notice to your current employer. Let you potential new employer know that you cannot give notice until you receive a written offer.

Also let your potential employer know that you will be able to start at the end of a minimum [insert time span here] notice that you need ( or should ) give to your current employer.

I would focus more on when you will be giving your notice as one date, and the start date with your new employer as another. The salary break down should be easily handled by your new employer.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community