How to respond to potential employer about a potential conflict of Interest?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Long story short- I applied for my dream job a month ago and I have been progressing in the interview process. My future step-mom (will be official in September) unannounced to me had applied at the same company, but for a different position in the same department. It is my understanding that I would never report to her, or visa versa. She was further along in the process when I first applied (her job was posted earlier) and just accepted a position today.

I have a 3rd interview (my first in person) this Friday, and I don't know how to bring up this positional conflict of interest to the hiring manager. I know I need to mention something before the interview, but don't know if I should call or email. Not to mention I have no clue what to say when I decide a mode of communication.

This is my dream job so I am hoping to find a way for both of us to work there without it being an issue.

Note- The company does have more than one office so maybe if we worked in different offices it could work.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

If you have phone contact details for the hiring manager, give them a call. Tell them exactly what you've put in this message, ending with "I don't know if it's an issue or not for you, but wanted to make sure that you're aware".

It may not be a problem - in which case, they'll let you know, and will appreciate the fact that you were proactive. If it is a problem then it will still be a problem when you start at the company, only then, they have to work out what to do, with no advance notice.

I can't see a downside in being upfront about this with them.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community