Is it my responsibility to inform HR of illegal events performed by coworkers that they might not know about?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Recently a worker">coworker informed me they were convicted for check fraud and sent to prison several years ago, they advised me they did not disclose this information when being hired by the company. I work for a large Financial company and deal with social security numbers and personal account information daily. Should I go to HR to make them aware?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You do not have knowledge of illegal activity.

You have been told that one of your coworkers has a past that may disqualify them from being employed there. It is possible that your employer found out about the problem and hired them anyway. It is also possible that the person is making it up.

The safest thing for you to do is approach your HR Rep and ask if hypothetically someone you work with told you that they had a record for check fraud, would it be your obligation to report it to HR? I suspect they will ask do you know for sure that they have this record? Do you suspect that they are dishonest when they are performing their duties? If you answer both of those no then they may very well tell you that it falls into the category of gossip. But your company may have other policies so it is probably safer to ask HR if you need to report it than this SE.

You need to protect your self in the case that there was an obligation you can state that you talked to X in HR on September 27th and were told Y. But after that you are probably better off pretending you do not know the information.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community