Is this “career ladder” HR tool commonly used? [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

My first job was with a large multinational that had a very comprehensive HR department. When I joined the company, HR gave new employees a lot of useful information, including a “career ladder” table.

Now that I’m a small business owner, I would like to develop a similar “career ladder” table for my team. I remember it being very useful, but otherwise my memory is hazy, and so I thought I’d try to search for some examples and inspiration. So far, no luck.

If I recall, this table had “levels” down the left hand side, e.g., junior, associate, senior, etc. Across the top of the table were column heading describing various areas of competence, e.g., communications, new business development, etc. In each cell of the table was a short narrative describing the expected responsibilities/ performance for each level and area of competency. The table was useful in establishing expectations, during performance reviews, and also discussing pay scales.

So my questions area:

1. Is this a commonly used HR tool, or is it something that this particularly company developed internally?
  2. If it is a common tool, does it have a name? What should I search for in Google to find examples?

After much fruitless searching, Stackexchange is my last hope. Hopefully this question is appropriate for this forum and someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for any suggestions.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

This would be something the company developed internally, because each company would have different criteria for advancement.

I haven't seen a template.

For your own company a bit of thought would enable you to create your own, just decide what would be needed for each level. You know your company best. It's unlikely to be a perfect fit with any one elses.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community