Meeting with the boss one-on-one but a member of HR will be attending [closed]

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have received a letter from my boss saying that a meeting has been arranged for this date and time, and a member of HR will be there.

That is all the letter said.

When I asked the boss what the meeting was about she explained that it is a one-on-one meeting to discuss the contract I signed and talk about the shift change. I'm confused as to why a member of HR is attending on a supposedly one-on-one meeting and no other explanation was given.

How should I prepare for this meeting?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Is your company a union company?

If so, check if you have a right to bring a union representative the same way that your boss has someone from HR. Most likely, you do.

Because the one thing you want to avoid is being in a 2 vs. 1 situation that could turn into a "he said / she said" conflict.

Announce this before, and treat it as a perfectly normal thing. If pressed, explain calmly that since you don't know what the meeting is about, you are sure that the presence of the union rep is entirely unnecessary, but you brought him just in case, so no time is lost in fetching him if his presence should turn out to be of href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/advantage">advantage.

That doesn't mean this is bad. It really could be entirely harmless, and the HR person might be there not to check on you, but to check on your boss. But the point is that you don't know. So better safe than sorry.

If you don't have a union rep on hand, then @Hilmar wrote a very good answer on how to prepare and behave, especially points #2 and #3.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community