My employer is ignoring my emails [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Last year I agreed a 12, month career break with my employer. During this time I was abroad and it was agreed that I would contact my employer 2 months before returning to my position.

As I was in a remote area with very little phone signal I contacted my employer via email stating it was intention to return to my job as agreed. I also asked if my position was still available or if any other positions were vacant (this was discussed before I began my career break) as my employer had said that he would be recruiting someone to cover my role on a permanent basis. I did not receive a response. I also contacted HR and did not receive a response.

I then received in email in February asking what my intentions were and if I would be returning to the organisation. I was due to return to my role in January and I received this email 2 weeks after my return to work date. I then responded stating I was ready to return to work immediately. My employer still hasn't responded in over 3 weeks.

I have sent 2 more emails to the HR asking for clarify on the matter but have heard nothing. Obviously now I am concerned as I have no other source of income and feel that I am being ignored deliberately in the hope I will resign. I am going to contact the HR department on Monday to find out what is going on as it has been 3 weeks since I responded saying I was ready to return to work. I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how I would deal with this if I am dismissed.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Maybe there was/is a systematic problem with your emails? Did it not occur to you they might have ended as spam? They did send you one to ask, that doesn't sound like ignoring, but rather like they didn't get the emails.

Whatever you try now, if that was the case, your employer will probably be slightly annoyed that for 3 months all you tried was sending emails over and over again.

And to answer your question - approach them on Monday via phone or in person, be very humble and ask if they didn't get your emails.

Don't approach them thinking they screwed up or are ignoring you. Maybe they did, maybe they are, but if not, that would not end well for you. And if they did ignore you, and they actually admit that, sue them ...

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community