My manager suggest me to find a new job. How should I deal with it? [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am SDE in IT company and honestly I did not get good performance review.

My manager told me in our 1:1 that he thought I may get fired in next performance review meeting and he suggested me to start finding job. He is a very nice person but lack of management experience.

I little bit panic, start to search job and use some PTO. I am afraid that I do it pretty obvious that my co-worker may notice that I am job hunting.

Anyway, the performance review is in two weeks and I have couple on-site scheduled before it, but no guarantee that I can have a new job.

I am sure I will not get good performance review, but I am not sure I will be fired or not, I am not sure I can get an offer before the review or not.

Any suggestion for me? Should I just quit the job before fine to avoid bad record?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Look for a new job, but don't quit. Yea a bad performance review can end up biting you in the behind sometime in the future but qualification to unemployment benefits wins - in my opinion. (YMMV - I don't know what rules apply where you are)

This might be a scare tactic by your manager. But who wants that kind of manager? Pushing people to excel is one thing, asking them to look for a new job is another. You want to look for a new job.

This might be a tactic to get rid of a worker that will pass a performance review but that the manager does not want to be on the team. You don't want to stay hired to a manager that does not want you on the team. You want to look for a new job.

This might be what it is at face value, an overly friendly manager trying to give fair warning. You want to look for a new job.

At least when (if) the performance review goes south you have had a couple more weeks to hunt. If it goes well, then no time has been lost (he specifically told you to look for a new job - take advantage of it) and you might actually stand with more options than before.

In either case, whatever you choose, good luck!

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community