Possible fraudulent mail received regarding employee benefits

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am a relatively new employee and I'm only several weeks into my new job. Today I received a letter in the mail regarding my employee benefits account being successfully set up, the particular type for which I don't remember having elected to sign up for. The company administering the benefits plan from which the letter came from was different from the company stated in the information from HR I received on my first day.

Having worked in compliance and audit roles in the past, I felt this mismatch along with other tell-tale hints in the mailing constitute red flags of fraud. I received this email far sooner than I should have according to HR paperwork. My employer was not mentioned anywhere in the mailing. The envelope did not look professional and language on it is consistent with fraud tactics (urgent language to action...etc).

How can I approach my employer / HR to validate this event?

Update: HR confirmed this letter was indeed fraudulent. They are investigating and I also filed a complaint with USPS, given the mail was used for delivery.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

How can I approach my employer / HR to validate this event?

Simply bring the letter to HR, explain your concerns and listen to what they say.

It's their job to either tell you to disregard the fraudulent mail (and then track down how it happened and deal with it), or to explain how this is non-fraudulent mail and href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/clear">clear up your confusion.

No big deal here - just let HR handle it.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community