Questions regarding attire, working hours, and general work [closed]

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

This is my third year back at this place of work (summer internship, 3 or so months), and they're excited to have me back. However, I feel a bit sheepish to ask the following questions:

1. Last year, during the middle of my internship, I was asked by my boss how long my work day is. I told him I worked from 8 to 4 and he said that I should be working from 8 to 5. On hire, my HR rep said my hours are from 8 to 4 so I ignored it out of fear. Ever since then, I've done my regular routine and he hasn't said anything. I've been going from 8 to 4 (skipping lunch) from the first till last day of my second year and no one's said anything. Should I continue or should I ask? How do I do so?

2. How do I ask HR about what "business casual" is without sounding like an idiot? I've been wearing dress shoes and cargo pants with a belt, and no one's said anything. I've been working there two years, I should know, but I don't.

3. The field of work I'm in is related to computers, and the work environment, I feel, tends to be a "Self-Starter" kind of environment. Everyone at my workplace thinks I do a good job, and they're really happy to see me come back for the 3rd year in a row. However, I feel like I don't do much... Don't take it the wrong way, I do work -- I finish my tasks in a timely manner and in a good fashion. But it feels like some days, I'm just sitting around browsing the internet. I don't know how to feel about it.

I hope someone out there's okay with helping me answer these questions. I don't have the best social/soft skills and tend to be a pretty anxious person. Granted they're just excuses, but it's something I do have trouble with.

Thanks again.

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

It looks as though you're booking the correct amount of hours (as you're not taking a lunch break). It might be an idea to confirm this with your boss, but as you've been doing the same thing for two years, I don't think this is a concern at all.

"Business Casual" usually means chinos and a fairly smart shirt/polo shirt. You've been doing the same thing for two years and have the same kind of clothes as your peers, you're doing fine.

The company seems happy with your work effort. However, if you find yourself out of work, then ask for what to do next, or find something constructive to do if you find that browsing the internet makes you feel guilty.

They're happy to see you back for a third year - this is more than adequate evidence that you're doing the right thing and have nothing to worry about.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community