Resignation - My replacement discussed in my presence

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I resigned from my current job. Hoping things will stay quiet (which it never does) and I accept that, things have become quite awkward.

Firstly, my boss came to me, asking me to give exact details as to my current project and what technologies I am using, as he wants to place an ad for my replacement as soon as possible. (This was done in front of the whole team…so much for keeping things quiet…if everyone didn't know they know now.) So, I gave HTML, ASP.NET, etc., etc.

Then, today I hear out of the corner of the office, some of the "seniors" being called to his corner to discuss possible candidates. So, I can hear them discussing my role, as well as the new candidates.

I don't know why, but this is bothering me. Is this ethical? I kind of feel worthless. The only time my resignation has been discussed with me is when I broke it to my boss, and he asked me "if he can't convince me to stay" and I said, it's time to move on.

Like I said, it just feels a little awkward… Anyone else had experience like this?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I don't know why, but this is bothering me. Is this ethical?

Certainly there is nothing unethical about your company working hard to quickly replace someone who is leaving. If the "hearing" part is what is bothering you, you might work harder to stop listening - perhaps even wearing headphones.

To do a good job of replacing you, they may need your help. And of course, they need to understand where you will be leaving any in-flight projects, so they can get them completed.

Totally normal. Nothing unethical here. Nothing to be bothered about.

I kind of feel worthless. The only time my resignation has been discussed with me is when I broke it to my boss, and he asked me "if he can't convince me to stay" and I said, it's time to move on.

Well, from the company's viewpoint you aren't "worthless", but your worth is certainly significantly diminished. You aren't going to be around long - whatever worth you provide is clearly just temporary and short-term.

You have indicated it is time for you to move on. Now they need to move on as well by looking ahead, not back.

Like I said, it just feels a little awkward.. Anyone else had experience like this?

Yes. Leaving is always a little awkward.

We don't want to abandon our friends. And we don't want to feel like we have failed in this job.

Sometimes it's hard to accept that nobody is irreplaceable. Work life goes on without us. The folks we are leaving need to quickly move on without us.

It should quickly get easier for you, once you have mentally moved on yourself.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community