Service Delivery Manager making threats

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am an IT Technician working for a company in the UK. Last year, a project over ran by 3 weeks and the Project Manager was sacked as a result. I was also involved, but as a pawn I only had my knuckles rapped as the issues resulting in a delay were out of my control. Fast forward 3 months we are repeating the project. Our service delivery manager (not my direct boss or a HR member) spoke with me, he told me my job was at risk if this doesn't go well.

Are they allowed to say this to me? It was definitely more a threat than 'friendly advice' as we have had a sour relationship up to date (they are a hot head). I told a friend of mine working in HR for another company who said only my boss or HR should be allowed to tell me such things or I could take them to the cleaners via tribunal.

Should I inform HR/ my boss this was said to me?Or carry on as usual, hoping for the best I can prove myself capable in the repeat project.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You should talk to your boss about this, but don't approach it as reporting the service delivery manager (SDM). Instead approach it as asking for advice. This way you can get a feel for whose side your boss is on while not starting trouble by making an official complaint.

Hey Boss, I was talking with SDM, and he said that if this project doesn't go well I could get fired. I know that we really need to succeed since we're repeating the project, but I didn't realize it was this dire. Are things really this bad? Do you have any advice on how to make sure my role in this project is successful?

If your boss thinks the SDM is out of line, then hopefully they will reassure you that your job is not on the line and that it's their decision , not the SDM's. That should give you the ability to relax a bit so you can hunker down and make this project a success.

If your boss doesn't give you a straight answer and instead tells you how important this project is and that a second failure is really not acceptable, then you know that complaining is not going to get you anywhere. If this is the case I would work extra hard on that project, but also brush up on your CV just in case things don't go as well as they want.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community