Should I report to my employer that my Resume had an error on it? [duplicate]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

This question already has an answer here:

I was hired by a new employer about 3 months ago. During the process, I submitted a resume multiple times, had an interview, and all my references were called.

On my resume, I mistakenly had a part-time contracting job listed for 2013-2015. However, the correct date was 2014-2016. During the interviews and communications with the pertinent references, the correct date range was discussed and it was never identified that my resume was wrong.

Recently, my employer asked me to resubmit my resume in a different format. During the process of updating and corrected my resume, I realized my mistake.

As I resubmit my resume, should I notify my employer about the incorrect information?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

This was a mistake and not a lie. The company would have hired you anyway. Therefore bringing it up now will either be ignored or cause an unnecessary distraction for someone. Correct the mistake in the new resume and leave it at that.

This assumes you don’t work in an industry that puts a very high bar on honesty and is suspicious by nature. For example, secret government work or financial oversight. In that case it is better to reveal everything.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community