Should I say that I am student on the interview if I am on academic leave?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have been invited for the interview (paid internship) this week. I am a bit confused about whether should I say that I am student of X University (technically, I am, but not actively enrolled, but I enjoy all the benefits of being one, and I have the status on the university website and the student ID and etc.) while being on the academic leave.

I am talking on a bachelor's degree.

The reason I am asking this because:

• I don't want end up like the author of this question.
  • I know the likelihood of the question("Can you tell me a little about yourself?") coming up is high, so should I try to hide that I am in this tricky position or not and face the situation where they may ask me about my studies and it may end up in a bad position.

P.S the job add in the requirements tells that I should be either majoring in CS or in other field OR experienced, so I don't know whether that will be a problem.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You need to honest and straight forward with them.

The issue you have is that if you are perceived as dodging and weaving around an answer it might just be easier for them to go with another candidate.

Now if they perceive that you were in danger of academic probation, or that you are trying to decide if college is for you, they may decide that your odds of graduating in the next few years are low. And if the goal of bringing on interns is to see if they may be good employees, they are probably not interested in non-students.

They may not care that you have an college email address and an ID. Most schools don't disable them for 1+ years after your last class, and I have never known for an ID to be confiscated. Unless they can scan the id and tap into the university database the ID doesn't tell them if you are an active student this semester. Many universities scan the ID before a sporting even, or when entering the library, or using the gym. They want to stop non-students who still have the ID.

Many of these internship programs ask students To prove enrollment. They do this by asking for a printout from the university system showing their completed classes and current enrollment. This is usually done as part of the application/interview and then again on the first day of work. They also do this if they have a GPA requirement, or one for number of credits, or enrollment in a specific class.

You don't want to risk being dismissed from the internship on the first day because you successfully dodged their questions, only to discover they really want to focus on active students.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community