Should you always counter the first offer letter?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I just received the first offer letter and it is better than what I asked for. So I am tempted to just accept it but many people and sites say you should always counter. Is it always better to counter asking for more?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You were offered more than you asked for. At this point going back and countering asking for more still will appear greedy. That is not to say you can not get more but you have an offer that will make you happy. Why not take that good will and show them that doing right by you is going to pay off. If you ask for more they could withdraw the offer all together. So the question is would you rather have more than you asked for for sure. Or take the risk that you might get more but might lose a great offer?

For what it is worth I did consulting for nearly 20 years. I only rarely ever countered. I had an expectation. If they offer came in below that I either accepted or rejected. Sometimes they came back with more usually I would reject them anyway. I have never had an offer come in for more than I asked for. And I have some fairly good references.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community