What are my option to deal with discrimination on mental health issues during the hiring stage?

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I was offered a conditional offer letter, which means that I need to clear all the areas of a background check in order to get the job.

However, I did not and after ordering a copy of my background check, I saw that I had cleared all areas except for one. This was a job I had 5 years ago and were discriminated against on mental health issues. In their response to my back ground check, they said that I have behavioural issues (becaause of my job from 5 years ago).

I tried to explain the situation to my prospective employer, who was giving me a conditional offer letter, that I was discriminated against back then. In response, my prospective employer's director of recruitment contacted me and asked me bunch of questions about what happened back then. In then end, they said they would look for position again for me and I wouldn't have to go through entire hiring process again.

However, after 2 months since then I only got one call that was just check in to see what I am doing then I was told to resend my resume and not to count on them and that I might never hear from them and so should move on.

I am just wondering what steps can I take to get this matter taken seriously so that I can get the position back?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I am just wondering what steps can I take to get this matter taken seriously so that I can get the position back ?

I'm sure this is not what you want to hear, but that job has gone and they have told you as much.

It's not very pleasant that this previous employer has been able to scupper your application in this instance but the fact is it has happened and chances are that nothing can change that now.

It doesn't sound like the bridge is burnt there so if other jobs are advertised working for them you can certainly re-apply but as they advised you I certainly wouldn't be counting on it.

All you can do now is move on and carry on the job search. If you find yourself in a similar situation where a potential employer is going to be doing a background check then it is probably worth mentioning the history with this old employer to them before they carry out the check. Essentially getting your side of the story in first. You don't need to go into too much detail with this, just let them know that you had some difficulties with this old employer and you're aware that they have been giving false negative reports about you on background checks.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community