What's the most satisfied year of your career? What should I say? [closed]

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I went to an interview and the person who interviewed me asked "What is the most satisfied year of your career?".

I know this is a meaningless question to be asked from someone who has worked for decades. But for me it was appropriate because I had only three years">years of experience in my field.

I honestly answered "It's my first year, because I learnt a lot in that year. I worked late on many days during that year. Then I joined my current work place etc.". Actually I've much less work in my current place. I'm not doing anything new. So that's why I gave them my honest answer.

I was not selected for that job anyways. While coming back, I thought to myself whether the answer I gave had any negative impact over the final decision of the interview.

My question is what's the purpose of such questions in an interview? What do they expect to hear? Is the answer I gave had any negative effect over the final decision ?

Finally, How should I answer such question in future?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

This question is about passion and what does make you tick. Is your personality more on the worker drone side, do you thrive on money or power, do you take pride on having something accomplished? You should be passionate, but not fanatic, about something. It should also be something rather specific, not too generic.

There is no perfect answer, because it needs to match the job. It needs to be something where the interviewer can check the box:"This matches the job we offer."

It's my first year, because I learnt a lot in that year. I worked late on many days during that year.

Companies don't want to hire someone that needs to stay late to learn things they did hire him for in the first place.

Taking the above into account:
How would the interviewer match this with the job? You love to learn new things. This isn't a bad attitude, but how many jobs are actually about learning new things in itself? Now, if you learn new things and adapt so fast that you didn't cause any delay in a project that you were added late to and the project manager made a compliment in the project closure report, then this is something that an interviewer can work with - it is specific, it shows passion and a benefit for the company.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community