Is Employment Bond Legal In India - Convicted And Have To Pay 3.5 Lakhs Defaulted Then 6 Months Jail

Policies & Procedures General 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General related to Policies & Procedures. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

In the year 2014 i was working with an Indian IT company as sales executive, where i signed a employment bond for 1.5 years against which company took a blank cheque. After 6 months only due to some family issue I left the company by just sending an email to HR. Since i broke the bond company deposited my blank cheque with the amount of 2.4 lakhs and due to account closed, the cheque got bounced hence lawyer started sending me demand notice for which i gave no response, then company filed section 138 cheque bounce case against me. I lost the case in district court and judge said that i did not submitted email copy to court hence i am convicted and have to pay 3.5 lakhs defaulted then 6 months jail. now i have applied in session court and matter is under session court. Due to poor knowledge and poor lawyer i lost the case but now i want to know possible ways to finish this case.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Hi, If the bond is reasonable and not one-sided it will be held valid. As it is a contract between two consenting adults there is nothing wrong unless you prove it otherwise. Moreover your first step was wrong and there seems to be very little you can do unless you bring in something which was missed by the trial court. You cannot bring in new point at this stage since it is more of an appeal than the trial itself. You try to ask for leniency and try to get the amount reduced or better still you may settle it out of court with its knowledge and see that your career is not jeopardized at this stage. There is no point in confronting especially when the odds are stacked against you. Be practical and let it go for the sake of your career and mental peace

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Policies & Procedures Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community