OData queries and types other than IQueryable in ASP.NET Web API

Web Technologies Web Development 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ I am building an ASP.NET Web API application that returns an Atom or an RSS feed. To do this, it builds a System.ServiceModel.Syndication.SyndicationFeed and a custom MediaTypeFormatter is responsible for handling the HTTP Accept Header, converting the SyndicationFeed to either an Atom10FeedFormatter or an Rss20FeedFormatter, and streaming the result to the response stream. So far, so good. My controller looks something like this: public class FeedController : ApiController { public HttpResponseMessage Get() { FeedRepository feedRepository = new FeedRepository(); HttpResponseMessage successResponseMessage = new HttpResponseMessage(feedRepository.GetSyndicationFeed()); return successResponseMessage; } } What I would like to do is make use of the built-in OData querying to filter my feed, but changing the return type of the Get() method to IQueryable obviously will not work since a SyndicationFeed does not implement IQueryable. Is there a way to use the built in OData querying on the IEnumerable property on the SyndicationFeed?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Web Development related to Web Technologies. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ You don't have to return IQuerable from controller when working with OData. Check "Invoking Query Options Directly" section at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/web-api/overview/odata-support-in-aspnet-web-api/supporting-odata-query-options For your case it will looks like: public SyndicationFeed Get(ODataQueryOptions opts) { var settings = new ODataValidationSettings(); opts.Validate(settings); SyndicationFeed result = feedRepository.GetSyndicationFeed(); result.Items = opts.ApplyTo(result.Items.AsQuerable()).ToArray(); return result; }

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Web Technologies Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community