PHP Image upload stored as url

Web Technologies Web Development . 2 years ago

0   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ For a project I need to build some kind of auction platform using PHP for the backend. I am currently trying to upload images using PHP and then storing the url in the "Item" table in my sql database. I followed this tutorial for image uploading, however, I am not sure now how to connect it to my database now. My code for the image uploading looks as follows: server > images > upload.php: // Tutorial: https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_file_upload.asp 500000) { echo "Sorry, your file is too large."; $uploadOk = 0; } // Allow certain file formats (JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF) if($imageFileType != "jpg" && $imageFileType != "png" && $imageFileType != "jpeg" && $imageFileType != "gif" ) { echo "Sorry, only JPG, JPEG, PNG & GIF files are allowed."; $uploadOk = 0; } // Check if $uploadOk is set to 0 by an error if ($uploadOk == 0) { echo "Sorry, your file was not uploaded."; // if everything is ok, try to upload file } else { if (move_uploaded_file($_FILES["fileToUpload"]["tmp_name"], $target_file)) { echo "The file ". basename( $_FILES["fileToUpload"]["name"]). " has been uploaded."; } else { echo "Sorry, there was an error uploading your file."; } } ?> As mentioned I would like to retrieve the image url and store it in the "Item" table. I connected the database by building an API using this tutorial. So basically my "Item" model looks as follows: server > model > Item.php conn = $db; } // read products function read() { return p_Item_sel_all($this->conn); } // search products function search($search) { return p_Item_search($this->conn,$search); } function create() { // TODO: Check that start date is in the future, and before the end date // check reserver price is positive // sanitize $this->Name = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->Name)); $this->Description = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->Description)); $this->AuctionStart = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->AuctionStart)); $this->AuctionEnd = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->AuctionEnd)); $this->StartingPrice = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->StartingPrice)); $this->ReservePrice = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->ReservePrice)); $this->PhotoURL = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->PhotoURL)); $this->SellerID = htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->SellerID)); // $this->created=htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->created)); if (p_Item_ins($this->conn, $this->Name, $this->Description, $this->AuctionStart, $this->AuctionEnd, $this->StartingPrice, $this->ReservePrice, $this->PhotoURL, $this->SellerID)) { return true; }; return false; } // used when filling up the update product form function readOne() { $stmt = p_Item_sel_id($this->conn, $this->ID); // get retrieved row $row = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC); // set values to object properties $this->ID = $row['ID ']; $this->Name = $row['Name ']; $this->Description = $row['Description ']; $this->AuctionStart = $row['AuctionStart ']; $this->AuctionEnd = $row['AuctionEnd ']; $this->AuctionFinished = $row['AuctionFinished ']; $this->StartingPrice = $row['StartingPrice ']; $this->ReservePrice = $row['ReservePrice ']; $this->FinalPrice = $row['FinalPrice ']; $this->PhotoURL = $row['PhotoURL ']; $this->SellerID = $row['SellerID ']; } function increment_views() { return p_Item_incr_views($this->conn, $this->ID); } function update(){ // execute the query if (p_Item_upd($this->conn, $this->ID, $this->Name, $this->Description, $this->AuctionStart, $this->AuctionEnd, $this->AuctionFinished, $this->StartingPrice, $this->ReservePrice, $this->FinalPrice, $this->PhotoURL, $this->SellerID)) { return true; } return false; } // delete the Item function delete(){ // execute query if(p_Item_del_id($this->conn, $this->ID)){ return true; } return false; } } The functions (create, delete, read_one, read, search, update) are all in different files. The SQL queries are stored in sproc files. If needed, I can of course also include the code here. This is probably quite a simple connection from upload to the database but as I am completely new to PHP with a tight project deadline, I would very much appreciate any help!

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Web Development related to Web Technologies. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ In your class you are missing your "setter" You need to instantiate your Database connector as a proper object... public function setDbObject($domain, $user, $pw, $db) { $conn = mysqli_connect("$domain", "$user", "$pw", "$db"); if (!$conn) { return false(); } else { return $conn; } } this will return your connection "object" which you can then use to run your queries. Hope that helps.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Web Technologies Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community