Quickbooks isn't compatible with the version of qbXML that I expect

Web Technologies Web Development . 2 years ago

0   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ I have a homemade C++ app built using the Quickbooks SDK version 13. The purpose of the app is to allow me to talk to Quickbooks by receiving an XML string from a network port. I'm able to communicate using qbXML version 2.1. It's talking to Quickbooks Enterprise version 16. I'm surprised, then, that when I run a host query... ...that the output is this: Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions: Manufacturing and Wholesale 16.0 26 0 1.0 1.1 2.0 2.1 Version 13 of the SDK is obviously supposed to be able to use version 13 of qbXML, and Quickbooks Enterprise 16 is supposed to be compatible with qbXML higher than 2.1. There is a feature of qbXML that I need to use that is only available after qbXML 2.1. These release notes from Intuit state that Quickbooks Enterprise 14.0 is compatible with qbXML versions 13.0, 12.0, 11.0, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 7.0, 6.0, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, 3.0, 2.1, 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0. Of course, later versions like 16 would also be compatible with those. Why is Quickbooks telling me it can only use qbXML 2.1? What can I do to use a newer version? Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention before that changing to or any value above 2.1 returns an error of 80040428 which means "The current request processor does not support the request." Also, if I use , I still get 2.1.

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Web Development related to Web Technologies. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ Why is Quickbooks telling me it can only use qbXML 2.1? Because you're only using 2.1. Just use a different version. 2.1 is about 15 years old. Change this: To something like this:
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Web Technologies Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community