How can I find out whether I have a blot on my HR record?

Career Talk Job Search Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

About a year ago, I was laid off from the university I worked for, after the division I was in was cut due to the director's departure. Since then, I have applied for many jobs there, and never even get rejection letters. Once I did get a phone interview that went very well, but I never heard anything. After a couple of weeks, I emailed both the assistant who interviewed me and the project PI, but neither got back. After two more weeks, I left phone messages, and still nothing.

A couple of months ago, I called the person who was my previous director's boss and asked if there was any kind of reason this might be happening. He said he checked my HR record and saw only good evaluations.

A few weeks ago, I directly contacted a PI about a posted position and was called in for an interview. Over a week ago, I received an email from the PI that my references had great things to say about me, and they were working with HR to write me an offer. After a week went by, I politely pinged - two days have passed since then and I've heard nothing.

It seems like even when someone at the university wants to hire me, they run into a hitch with HR that they won't even respond about. I'm very concerned that there is some skull-and-crossbones symbol or red alarm buzzer that turns on when HR types my name into the system.

I've considered contacting HR directly, but then I also wonder if I should be consulting a lawyer first.

How can I find out if there is some kind of note on my HR record that says "forget this guy, and don't even respond?"

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

How can I find out if there is some kind of note on my HR record that says "forget this guy, and don't even respond?"

You can't.

At least not without pulling strings or somehow managing for someone to leak this information, but that I doubt would be legal or ethical. Also, asking them directly is out of the question, as it could further harm you plus they might not have the clearance to disclose that information.

I suggest you try searching for jobs elsewhere, otherwise you might find yourself stuck in a loop if you keep trying with this university.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community