Why insist on 3 years experience in the IT industry? How to get around it? [closed]

Career Talk Job Search Queries . 2 years ago

0   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am baffled by the fact that IT recruiters in Belgium systematically ask 3 years experience when the media says there are shortages year after year saying IT is the future.

It's not just some jobs but most of the jobs you can find on a portal like Stepstone or Monster.

People fresh out of a bachelor's degree obviously find a job, so there must be some junior or medior positions out there to acquire work experience.

Is there something they know that I don't know, and is this "3 years experience" a partial lie to deter the hordes of unemployed looking for a job?

It's absolutely dumb to not be able to demonstrate what you're capable of and have to remain on the sidelines for a superficial question of form over substance.

Is there some way of getting around this? Because I haven't landed a serious software development job in ten years and I am starting to feel disgusted at having my IT career snuffed in the egg from the start.

Maybe it's possible to go round recruitment and approach an employer directly or through distance work?

I am slightly lacking in people skills as a slight introvert, but it takes two to create a problem or conflict.

Yeah, I imagine anyone reading my cv would draw assumptions and I'd have no voice to explain the reality.

That shouldn't be that dramatic a problem and I feel like I'm facing some kind of deterministic social darwinist ideology that drops "unfit" babies off a cliff like in the movie 300.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community