Are there any English speaking flight schools to get a PPL in continental Europe?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm a UK citizen, planning on getting my PPL this year. My goal was to train intensively, taking lessons several times a week. Unfortunately the UK weather means that even if you have the time and money to train that often, it's easier said than done since lessons are called off more often than not due to a low cloud base or rain.

I was thinking I might be able to get it done faster if I went somewhere like Spain or Italy where the weather is better, but obviously for this to work I'd need to find somewhere with English instruction. I'm assuming if I could find such a place, then as long as the school was EASA certified then the hours would count towards a UK PPL and I could just return home at the end to take my checkride and written exams.

Does my plan make sense, or is there a flaw I've overlooked? If it would work, can anyone recommend a good school that meets these criteria?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Some years ago there were a couple of flight schools on Malta, I'm not sure if they are still operating, DuckDuckGo could probably tell you

The most common way of getting a JAR (pre-EASA) PPL (for UK trainees) outside the UK used to be to go to a JAR accredited school in the USA. Florida was very popular. I expect there are schools in the US that are allowed to train to the EASA syllabus these days. I think you need to travel on a training visa to do this and I'm not sure what is involved in getting one

I think I'm right in saying your flight test can be taken by an EASA examiner anywhere, no need to come home to do it (and anyway you'd want to do it over familiar territory)

A big warning to anyone learning to fly is not to pay upfront. Pay lesson by lesson. Flying schools can go bust very quickly, many students have lost a lot of money this way

Personally, I would be wary of training outside the UK, the weather conditions and procedures will be very different from what you are used to, and a low-hours pilot could easily get caught out. Marginal conditions can go bad on you very quickly. If you do do this, try to get some supplementary lessons in poorish weather and get some time fly through UK CAS to get used to ATC procedures

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community