ISTQB - Alpha & Beta testing terms confusing me

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am just confuse about Alpha & Beta testing specially in case that who & where it is performed, I am reading the ISTQB syllabus and according to that both [Alpha & Beta] testing are performed by potential customers, here is the exact paragraph:

Developers of market, or COTS, software often want to get feedback from potential or existing customers in their market before the software product is put up for sale commercially. Alpha testing is performed at the developing organization’s site. Beta testing, or field testing, is performed by people at their own locations. Both are performed by potential customers, not the developers of the product.

But when I go through Google and search about both terms, it says:

Alpha testing is done at developer site by tester and Beta testing is done by potential customers at their own location.

So which is correct?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Alpha Testing is mostly done in-front of the developers by the product owner or the customer, to let developer notice where the user can be go wrong with UX and etc, from the users perspective before releasing a solution.

Beta Testing is basically releasing the solution to the consumers to use and report the bugs and enhancements, where then the developers attend to those and release the final solution afterwards with the bug fixes and possible enhacements.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community