Math courses for machine learning [closed]

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have a few math courses to pick from in my studies, and I would love some insights on which math courses from the following list are the most relevant for machine learning. I will note - to avoid this question being closed on "opinion based" cause, that my question does not involve which math courses I like or interests me, but being objectively as possible - which math courses are the most relevant for machine learning.

This are the following courses I can choose from:

1. Numerical Analysis
  2. Ordinary Differential Equations 1
  3. Topology
  4. Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable 1
  5. Linear Algebra 3
  6. Number Theory
  7. Probability for Sciences

Since I know Linear Algebra and Probability are very important for Machine Learning, I will note that I have already studied Linear Algebra 1 and 2 (which include matrices, linear transformations, linear and bilinear operators, normed vector spaces, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, diagonalization, Jordan form, hermitian spaces, unitary and orthogonal transformations, and some more subjects), while Linear Algebra 3 syllabus' is mainly about groups, isomorphism theorems, Lagrange's theorem, group actions, Sylow's theorems, finitely generated Abelian groups, solvable groups, the symmetric group and free groups.

Also, I already had Probability 101 which is mainly discrete probability and includes basic probability theory, discrete distributions (such as Poisson, binomial, HG and more), random variables, markov's and Chebyshev's inequalities, expected value, variance and covariance, CLT and Markov chains, while the "Probability for Sciences" course has in its syllabus continues distributions, PDF, MGF, convergence of random variables and convergence in probability, the multi-dimensional normal distribution and some more subjects.

I will also note I have studied the following math courses as well: Calculus 1 and 2 and Discrete Math.

Thanks!

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

By far the most important in that list is probability -- learn as much probability as you can. Numerical analysis might also be of a little bit of use. The others probably won't be directly relevant to most of the practice of machine learning, but hey, become more comfortable with mathematics is probably useful in general.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community