Creating a Facebook ad creative from an app in development mode

Digital Marketing Facebook Marketing API 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ I'm trying to create an ad creative in Facebook from my test app with the following request (pretty much taken from the Python SDK Docs here): Message: Call was not successful Method: POST Path: https://graph.facebook.com/v2.4/act_somenumber/adcreatives Params: {'object_story_spec': '{"link_data":{"caption":"www.example.com","image_hash":"existing_hash","link":"http://example.com","message":"try it out"},"page_id":"some_page_id"}', 'name': 'AdCreative for Link Ad'} However, I get the following response: Status: 500 Response: { "error": { "code": 100, "is_transient": false, "error_subcode": 1885183, "error_user_msg": "Ads creative post was created by an app that is in development mode. It must be in public to create this ad.", "error_user_title": "Ads creative post was created by an app that is in development mode", "message": "Invalid parameter", "type": "FacebookApiException" } } Now, I've seen a similar question, which states: If you want to create ads from an app which is in development mode, this is possible, but the post you're going to promote must have been created by an app which isn't in development mode - i.e if your app is in development mode it's OK provided you're promoting existing page posts from a page's /promotable_posts endpoint and the app that created those posts is not itself in development mode I'm not trying to create an ad; I'm merely trying to create an ad creative and then later update the ad to use that creative. What is the correct way of creating a new creative with link data from a development app? I have no problem creating ad creatives that correspond to right hand column ads, it's the newsfeed / feeds ads whose objectives are "Website Clicks". The ad in question was actually created through the ad manager, not through an app.

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Facebook Marketing API related to Digital Marketing. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ The work-around is simply to create a dummy app and set it publicly visible.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community