Get instagram own/self feed with facebook graph api

Digital Marketing Facebook Marketing API 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ I'm quite new using instagram API/Graph API but I can't find answers to my questions. Since Instagram API is deprecated, now we have to deal with instagram/facebook graph API. I am aware of the new procedure (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/getting-started/ ) that consist of: Connect a Facebook Page to an Instagram Business Account. Register your app. Add the Facebook Login product. Add the Instagram API product. Test your app's settings with the Graph API Explorer. Submit your app for App Review. The problem is that I only want to be able to get my own instagram feed only. But by default, the minimum API permission is instagram_basic This permission must be reviewed by facebook before beeing granted. And to be reviewed we must provide (as a screencast): How a business will log in with Facebook to connect their Instagram profile How a business will see this feature used in your app As described here But for my use case I don't have such things to show as I just want to do backend processing for my own feed. My questions are: Does the graph API allow this? Do I miss something, like a kind of App token for instagram ? (Like : https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/access-tokens?locale=en_US#apptokens) Is there a workaround ? Thanks for your time and contribution.

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Facebook Marketing API related to Digital Marketing. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ Facebook reviews are pretty annoying and mostly impossible to go through. But I managed to make exactly what you want: get my own Instagram's feed. I made it with Facebook Javascript SDK. The first thing you should keep in mind is that you must be logged in your Facebook's account with the browser you are using. Otherwise, you should add the login code (I can put in here if you need it). After all the steps about connect your Facebook account with your Instagram (getting the appID): Reference Facebook Javascript SDK Init Facebook FB.init({ appId: "your_app_id", autoLogAppEvents: true, xfbml: true, version: "v3.1" }); If you are connected (very important): FB.getLoginStatus(function (response) { // Check login status if (response.status === "connected") { FB.api( "/" + your_facebook_page_id + "/", "GET", { "fields": "instagram_business_account" }, // Get Instagram's account ID function (response) { FB.api( "/" + response.instagram_business_account.id + "/media", // Get Instagram's media "GET", { "fields": "shortcode" }, // In this case, only shortcode function (response) { // Do something with the data } ); } ); } else { console.log("Error recovering access token: Not connected.") console.log(response) } }); Hope it helps!

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community