PHP / Extension API mismatch

General Tech Bugs & Fixes 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Bugs & Fixes related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I recently upgraded to Apache 2.4.7 (x86) and PHP 5.5.9 (x86 as Apache module) on Windows 7 x64. I downloaded the Apache binary from apachelounge.com and the PHP binary from windows.php.net.

Now the error logs keep telling me that the PHP build API and certain extension APIs (php_fileinfo.dll for instance) are mismatched. I downgraded back to Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.3.6, using the original MSI's I previously installed them with, and I have the same problem!

Does anyone know what has caused this?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I would hazard a guess that you either did not properly uninstall the previous com/tag/versions">versions.

OR

You have at some stage copied something from either Apache or PHP into somewhere like C:\com/tag/windows">windows\system32 or something like that and whatever that was was not removed when you uninstalled the previous com/tag/versions">versions, and it is that that is causing the problems.

OR

You have something added to your PATH and did not chnage it.

It should not be necessary to copy anything to the Windows com/tag/folder">folder or have anything hardcoded onto your PATH.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community