Hidden content with assistive technology

General Tech Technology & Software . 2 years ago

0   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm a little bit confused of how the hidden content is working with assistive technologies. I'll give you a few examples and would like you to explain me this, please:

1. If I want to make a small popup, that is previously was display:none;, how would the user with the AT will understand it's something new, except the fact I will provide a focus to this popup automatically?

2. How should I make accessible image slider? I heard of the role and aria-* attributes and that only the visible image at the time should be display:block; or just visible and all the other images should be display:none;. If it is, wouldn't it be confusing for the user with he AT(part of a first question)?

3. Is there something more than the desktop computers requires for the mobile devices. For example, if I want to make a hamburger menu for mobile screens, should links of it be hidden with the display:none;? How should I notice the user about the links are now visible?

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community