Intel Rapid Storage Technology made HDD dissapear

General Tech Technology & Software 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Recently my laptop stopped booting windows. When I turned it on, Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12.7.0.1936 window showed up and said, that one of my SSD volume is disabled and asked me to press CTRL+I to enter Configuration Utility. When I pressed that, I was only allowed to select Reset Disks to Non-RAID option. So I selected it, but windows still failed to start with a Operation System not found message.

So I changed the following settings in BIOS:

• SATA Operation: AHCI (instead of Intel Smart Response Technology)
  • Intel Rapid Start Technology: Disabled (instead of Enabled)
  • Boot List Option: Legacy (instead of UEFI)

Then I was able to launch windows setup from usb. Windows repair didn't help, I got The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again. message. So I just temporary installed windows into SSD (during setup my 500GB HDD drive wasn't visible).

I even booted live ubuntu from usb and it didn't detect my HDD drive.

Also my HDD is not visible in BIOS. It shows Fixed HDD: None.

My laptop's specifications:

• Dell Inspiron 14 7000 Series 7437
  • Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.7GHz
  • mSata Device LITEONIT LMS-32L6M m-(S1) 32GB
  • Windows 8.1

Does anybody know any tool or approach how to unlock my HDD from RST and make it visible again?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Physically disconnecting HDD cable and reconnecting it made my HDD visible again.

Then I just formatted my SSD and HDD and installed fresh copy of windows into SSD (I'm not going to use Intel RST again).

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community