Often Used Identity Management Technology Stack

General Tech Technology & Software 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I understand that Identity Management can be done in multiple ways, using multiple protocols, depending on one's needs. However, the more I read about various Security Frameworks and Protocols, the more I get confused as to where and when to use them. My need is that I need a robust central Identity Management System that manages Authentication and Authorisation for a host of web applications that might query it. Also, I am looking for such a structure that can be progressively used for SSO (Single Sign On) when the software scales. What are the common technology stacks used worldwide for such identity management systems? How technologies and protocols like LDAP, Apache Shiro, OAuth, CAS fit into all these; i.e what roles do they play? Are they complimentary technologies or interchangeable? Do some of them perform same functions, what are the merits and demerits of using them?

I know I am asking a number of questions and a lot of information but I could not find any good resources that could give me the "bigger picture" for such a requirement. Any help, any sources would be appreciated.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community