Replay log using WCF technology

General Tech Technology & Software 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I need to replay some logs saved in JSON in .NET with WCF technology. The software use IClientMessageInspector to obtain the logs and save them in JSON afterwards. So, I need to get this logs and inject them again. To do this,I did something similar as I did when I obtains the logs. I did extend the WCF EndPoint and modify the message with new parameters. Here is the code :

public object BeforeSendRequest(ref Message request, IClientChannel channel)
            {
                    XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
                    doc.LoadXml(record.Message.ToString());
                    var ms = new MemoryStream();

XmlDictionaryWriter writer = XmlDictionaryWriter.CreateTextWriter(ms);
                    doc.WriteTo(writer);
                    writer.Flush();
                    ms.Position = 0;
                    XmlDictionaryReader reader = XmlDictionaryReader.CreateTextReader(ms, XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas.Max);
                    Message newReply = Message.CreateMessage(request.Version, null, reader);
                    newReply.Headers.CopyHeadersFrom(request);
                    request = newReply;
            }

This function seems to have the right values. But, It can call many differents functions depending on the json file. To be able to go into that "BeforeSendRequest" method, I need to call a existing method for example :

m_MyService.XXX();

And because I modify it in "BeforeSendRequest", it shoudln't matter which function I'm calling here. But, it does return me the error :

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Erreur lors de la désérialisation du corps du message de demande pour l'opération 'XXX'. OperationFormatter a rencontré un corps de Message non valide. Type de nœud 'Element' attendu avec le nom 'XXX' et l'espace de noms 'http://tempuri.org/'. Type de nœud 'Element' trouvé avec le nom 'YYY' et l'espace de noms 'http://tempuri.org/'. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: OperationFormatter a rencontré un corps de Message non valide. Type de nœud 'Element' attendu avec le nom 'XXX' et l'espace de noms 'http://tempuri.org/'. Type de nœud 'Element' trouvé avec le nom 'YYY' et l'espace de noms 'http://tempuri.org/'.
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.PrimitiveOperationFormatter.DeserializeRequest(XmlDictionaryReader reader, Object[] parameters)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.PrimitiveOperationFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.PrimitiveOperationFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.DeserializeInputs(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   à System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

It looks like it doesn't like when the method call isn't m_MyService.YYY();

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I finally found the solution, hope it can help. I just had to modify the "action" in the header. So just add this line:

newReply.Headers.Action = "desiredcontent";

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community