Technology stack for a multiple queue system

General Tech Technology & Software 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'll describe the application I'm trying to build and the technology stack I'm thinking at the moment to know your opinion.

Users should be able to work in a list of task. These tasks are coming from an API with all the information about it: id, image urls, description, etc. The API is only available in one datacenter and in order to avoid the delay, for example in China, the tasks are stored in a queue.

So you'll have different queues depending of your country and once that you finish with your task it will be send to another queue which will write this information later on in the original datacenter

The list of task is quite huge that's why there is an API call to get the tasks(~10k rows), store it in a queue and users can work on them depending on the queue the country they are.

For this system, where you can have around 100 queues, I was thinking on redis to manage the list of tasks request(ex: get me 5k rows for China queue, write 500 rows in the write queue, etc).

The API response are coming as a list of json objects. These 10k rows for example need to be stored somewhere. Due to you need to be able to filter in this queue, MySQL isn't an option at least that I store every field of the json object as a new row. First think is a NoSQL DB but I wasn't too happy with MongoDB in the past and an API response doesn't change too much. Like I need relation tables too for other thing, I was thinking on PostgreSQL. It's a relation database and you have the ability to store json and filter by them.

What do you think? Ask me is something isn't clear

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You can use HStore extension from PostgreSQL to store JSON, or dynamic columns from MariaDB (MySQL clone).

If you can move your persistence stack to java, then many interesting options are available: mapdb (but it requires memory and its api is changing rapidly), persistit, or mvstore (the engine behind H2).

All these would allow to store json with decent performances. I suggest you use a full text search engine like lucene to avoid searching json content in a slow way.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community