what are the fastest/Popular search technologies [closed]

General Tech Technology & Software . 2 years ago

1   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 30 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

What are the fastest search technologies apart from Relational DB Searches ?

I have a collection of Text Files from varied sources (Banks/Ledgers/Stock Markets). Each line in these Text Files is a Record. Each line can further be parsed into some DB Columns(Stock Name/Date of purchase/Owner/...). It is not necessary that each line has all the fields. If some text is not mathcing any of the fields, I store it as it is in a seperate column(columnA). If the parser fails to find any column at all I just store the Line in columnA.

I than do a DB search based on user Inputs. I find that the search becomes slow after a few million records. I want to move to an alternative storage like File System or some other Indexed storage.

What do you think would be the fastest storage technology for this kind of requirement ?

I am currently using SQLite DB. Since I am about to rewrite the entire code, I will be more than happy if any other storage technology can give me faster results.

1 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community