Company still contacting me after telling them I'm not interested in the job offer

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Over a year ago I applied for a position with Company A. I had an interview with them, but recieved a job offer from a different company shortly after it. I informed Company A that I was no longer pursuing job opportunities. Recently, my situation changed and I contacted Company A again. They basically told me to fill out paper work before I can do the next level of interview, but then they gave me a job offer and more paper work to fill out.

Initially I replied to the email saying I would take the job offer, but at the last minute changed my mind (for several reasons). By e-mail I told them I decided not to accept the offer but I also mentioned that the paper work (in particular the contract they wanted me to sign) seemed strange.

Today I got a voice mail and emails asking me to contact them so they could explain everything to me. The HR rep said she contacted my boss and they really want me on board.

I'm towards the beginning of my career, so tell me if I'm looking at this wrong, but something doesn't add up. This job pays close to minimum wage and is part time. Why would they bother to still be contacting me? (A small part of me feels that if they changed the contract I may still be interested, but I think at this point starting a job with this negativity wouldn't be good) Could this be some sort of scam? The company isn't huge but is well established (existed since mid 2000s). Should I bother to reply to the email, and if so what should I say? The HR department is in another country and I don't want to spend money on the long distance phone calls, should I tell them this?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Well, they just thought the strange paper was the reason you had not to go, so they genuinely believe they can still recruit you. I see no red flag there, just an honest misunderstanding.

That being said, if you are not interested, no matter the reason, you don't have to spend any money. A mail answer explaining your lack of interest should leave the doubt(and if it does not, then, only then, it proves this company has problematic aspects, and you should avoid it at all costs).

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community