Wrong Employment Information in Job application form but correct information in Background verification form [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am working for 2 years in my present company and in my last and second last company I had worked for 5 months and 6 months respectively. I have always stated this information correctly in all my previous resumes, except few days back I made a blunder where I removed the second last company and merged its 6 months with the last company making the work experience 11 months v/s 5 months, as I was feeling that those two small work tenure won't look good.

Though I didn't intended to use this resume, I mistakenly send this version of resume while applying for a new Job, got interview call, cleared all rounds and got offer letter. After that they mailed me a Job application form which I had filled, scanned and mailed back. In this Job application form again to match up with my resume I filled in the same wrong information of adding 6 months experience in second last company into the last company making the last company experience to 11 months, while removing the second last company completely (another reason as the hiring team was happy with everything except my short stay duration of 11 month in the last job).

Later they send me link to their background verification agency website. In their website THOUGH, I filled in the CORRECT information about the last (5 months) and second last company (6 months) supported by the relieving certificates.

Now I am worrying :(, as both my resume and the Job application have wrong information, but the form which I filled and submitted on the background checking agency website has correct information. When either the new company or the background check agency cross verify with my Job application they will find the mismatch.

I wanted some advice about what steps I can take now to prevent the offer getting cancelled or is it not that severe and they might ignore or give a chance for me to explain.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks,

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

The claim to have "mistakenly" sent the wrong resume is not a good idea at all, even if true. It suffers from serious problems:

• Creating the false resume without intending to use it seems pointless.
  • You clearly knew you had sent the false resume when you filled out the application form. If sending it were a genuine mistake you would have immediately apologized, sent a corrected resume, and filled out the application form correctly.
  • It seems the "11 month" stay in the last job was discussed - another missed opportunity to apologize and correct the application.

It all looks as though you not only lied to them in the past, but are still lying to try to whitewash previous lies.

I think you have two options now. One is to say nothing and hope the discrepancy does not get noticed. If it does, you will certainly lose the offer. The other option is to abandon lying as a strategy. Take responsibility for the false resume and application, but claim to have learned your lesson and never repeat such dishonesty.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community