How can I un-burn a bridge?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I worked in a company more than 2 years ago which I still want to work, after this time. But when I left I did not leave under the best terms. Now when I tried to come back the HR told me that I from technical href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/point">point of view I'm ok, these past difficulties mean I did not get rehired.

• How can I change the bad impression I made in the past when I have changed? What can I do to convince the company to give me a second chance?
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I think Thorbjorn Ravn Andersen is probably correct. But if there's hope at all for you to reconcile with the company, it would likely have to be through the people that you worked with before and it would have to take place outside the company; you're unlikely to reconcile during an interview or application process.

Remember that although companies can be soulless and cold, they are run by people. It's people that you must have left a bad impression with the first time and it's probably those people that told HR they would prefer not to rehire. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if there is actually a "rehire" flag on employee records at some companies.

Do you have any contact with your former co-workers or supervisors? If you do, and you're on at least neutral terms, have a lunch with them and discuss your interest. If you were a jerk in the past, it's a chance to make amends. If they were the ones who were jerks, well, then I'm not sure why you'd want to go back, but at least you could discuss things with them.

I actually did return to a company that I'd left and that's how I did it. I met with my old supervisor outside work and expressed my interest in returning.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community