How should I handle being asked to do an assignment for an interview, but being rejected before review? [closed]

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I had a phone interview a couple weeks ago with an HR recruiter for a graphic design position. A week later had a face to face interview with the senior designer. After the interview, she said they were asking candidates to complete two design projects to test for skill and design style. She told me to take the weekend to complete the projects and return by Tuesday. I worked on both projects all weekend, putting in a huge amount of effort.

Woke up to an email Monday morning from the HR recruiter saying they chose a final candidate for the position. I sent an email back to both of them stating my disappointment and letting them know how much time I spent on the project to have it wasted in such a manner. It wasn't a mean email, just forthright and very expressive of disappointment about my time.

The HR recruiter wrote me back and said they made a mistake and there was miscommunication, and that they would review my work. Now I feel so ashamed that I wrote that email. It's confusing because they said they had a final candidate. Should I have handled it differently?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I think if your e-mail was as described then you handled it fine - it's okay to express annoyance when someone, even a potential employer treats you badly and it doesn't sound like you have any reason to be ashamed.

In this case it sounds like there as a genuine miscommunication and that they shouldn't have sent that e-mail in the first place - the HR recruiter could easily be working to fill multiple positions across the company and there was a simple mix up. In which case you actually responding back rather that simply taking it as read and moving on likely brought such an error to light. If they really had a final candidate sorted then I would have expected you to get either no response or a "sorry for wasting your time but we've got our guy and that's that" type response.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community