I interviewed at a company that offered to reimburse my expenses but after the interview they don't answer my emails anymore, what should I do?

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I was invited by a company for an on-site interview. Before I could even ask about it, I was told (in writing) by the HR person inviting me (let's call him David) that my accommodation expenses will be reimbursed and that I will be given some fixed amount of money to cover all the other expenses (eg: travelling, food).

I went to the interview and after a few days I received an automatic mail from a service email account telling me I was not successful. I wrote to David (my only point of contact with the company) to get information about the reimbursement but I received no answer. A few days later I received another email by him telling me again I was not successful. This email was not "tailor-made" to me, but just a standard template. I tried again asking him about the reimbursement and again I received no answer.

Two weeks has passed now since I tried to contact David the first time.

The company is quite big (>10k employee) and I don't think there is any attempt here to save money by not paying me. My suspect is just that David is a little bit careless or busy elsewhere and my personal case is just slipping through the cracks.

I am considering writing again to David, or looking for the email address of this boss/general HR and writing them. Is there anything else that I can do? Should I raise my voice or consider this kind of things "normal" and just wait for a peaceful ending?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Escalate to the company HR, this is Davids job, not an accidental oversight, all sorts of dodgy things may be happening, but all you should care about is getting reimbursed if it's a considerable sum you don't want to write off to experience.

Don't assume they're not trying to save money, the size of the company is immaterial. Ignoring someone owed money is a time honored tactic in the hope they just go away.

Since all your communication is via email, use your records when speaking to HR and move forwards or give up after you get an actual reply and review your options.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community