How to ask a multinational company if a job offer is not a scam?

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I was following a job lead in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Finally they offered me a huge package. After receiving the offer letter, I informed my family. Someone in my family start putting doubts in my head and I thoroughly searched on the internet and on one blog I found that there is some kind of a job scam going on.

Here are some points which makes it more suspicious:

1. Someone is communicating with me on the behalf of that company, but using a GMail account.
  2. I am asked to pay for the Work Permit to work in the UAE "as per company Policy" (As I was looking into UAE jobs, UAE rules state that all work-permit expenses should be handled by the employer).
  3. The contact phone numbers given by that HR person is the same as listed on the multinational company's website (Oil and Gas).
  4. When I googled it, I found two companies with the same initial name. In the contract, the email of one company is being used and the logo of another company. I searched google to see if they are a group of companies and found that one is an Oil and gas company and the other one is Construction company.

Note: From both companies' websites, I have found their official emails.

Also note that I applied for the job from a job website after googling the company and from there I got the response from the gmail account on behalf of actual company.

After exchanging a couple of emails, I got a form to fill, and after a couple of days, I got this job offer.

Q1. How should I contact them whether this job offer is legitimate or not?
Q2. Should I forward them the email with the contract I received for confirmation? 
Q3. How can I keep myself safe from possible job scams?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Yes, definitely contact them by way of their officially published email address.

Use an email header that is to the point and attracts attention, like "I received this job offer. Is it really from you or is someone misrepresenting you?"

You can respectfully ask them for verification because there are some facts that you consider suspect, and someone attended you to other scams in their name. Name these facts. Write something positive like you would very much like to work for them, but that you are afraid the offer you got is a scam.

They will want to know if someone is misrepresenting them. And yes, include the 'contract'.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community