How to pass candidates my contact information if I'm not issued a business card

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Recently I had to conduct a technical job interview for an opening at our company. At the end of the interview, I thanked the candidate for their time and told them they were welcome to send me an email, should any questions arise at a later time. My company does not issue its employees business cards, so I suggested to the candidate they could ask the recruiter for my contact info.

However, this approach seems unorthodox and possibly inefficient - they would need two steps to contact me, and might decide to save themselves the trouble and not contact me at all, especially if their question is minor.

I will be working with the hire directly and I would like to give a friendly first impression. Also, I'd be happy to see interest and answer any arising technical questions.

I thought I could just spell out my email (it is firstname.lastname@company), but a name is easy to forget. I would myself have the candidate's email address from their resume, but it's the etiquette that the candidate sends a thank-you email, and not the other way around.

I could also ask management to issue business cards to me, but I am likely to have to interview more people over the following one or two weeks, so I at least need a solution for the meanwhile.

Some additional clarifications: I am the only technical person who will be interviewing the candidates from my location (other people may call in at a later stage), and the person, if hired, will be working alongside me.

What would be the best way to encourage the interviewee to contact me with any questions, and pass my contact info in a natural way?

Note: my question is not a duplicate of this one. I don't intend to use my own cards instead of employer-issued ones, and my question is related to passing my information in a business setting, not in society.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I would myself have the candidate's email address from their resume, but it's the etiquette that the candidate sends a thank-you email, and not the other way around.

Another solution would be to still send them an email, even though you may not want to thank them. If your email signature contains all necessary information, even a short email could suffice - just reiterate that they are welcome to ask you any questions and now they got your contact information.

It's not too much work for you and the interviewee also doesn't have to read much. They are encouraged to contact you again, and it also comes across naturally, since they else don't have your contact information. Also, unlike with business cards, they can simply answer your email to ask questions, so it's even a bit more convenient.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community