When/if to inform recruiter of an already accepted offer [duplicate]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

This question already has an answer here:

Last winter I received a return offer for a fulltime position at a company I did an internship at. Since the offer was great, I accepted it and signed it. However, due to changes in personal circumstances, I want to look for better opportunities. It is mainly because I would rather work in a different city.

What I am wondering is if I should let the companies I am applying to know about my current offer and the state of it (ie that I accepted it) when recruiters ask. On one hand, it would be useful for negotiations later if I reach that stage, but on the other, it may reflect poorly that I would be going back on my signed offer. If I don't bring it up or bring it up later, it could be seen as dishonest.

Note: this is in NA and for software positions.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You aren't under any obligation to let any company know you have accepted an offer. As you outlined yourself, when to spill the beans can have consequences depending on your timing.

I would offer that you really don't have to tell other prospective employers at all about your existing offer.

There isn't a big advantage to be had, except if you get an offer that you feel you need to negotiate the salary, and in which case you could still just say "Hey, I was thinking more of $XXXX, how does that sound?". If that doesn't work you could say, "I have an offer from another company for $xxxx, can you match it?"

If the new offer is solid and stands on its own however, once again no need to bring up the existing offer.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community