Human Resources Complaint About Hiring Process

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Background: Recently I have had a job interview for a position at my company. I work at the company as a contractor currently and applied for a full time position. Lots of coworkers along with myself thought I would get the full time job. A month ago, the company asked for my resume. They took my resume and made a job opening to match my qualifications on my resume. If you hold the resume and the job description next to each other they are identical. A month after, they came back and told me they hired someone else for the job and now I have to train them. I have two weeks left until my position as a contractor is terminated. They took the rug right out from under my feet.

Problem: My company has to post job openings internally for two weeks for anyone that works here can have a chance to apply. Nobody has the qualifications internally to apply. After the two weeks, the company has to post the job externally, which they failed to do. They have hired someone that is the relative of someone who currently works here, but the realitive (the person that got hired) could not apply internally because they currently do not work here.

Question: Am I in the right to file a HR complaint about my situation? Is it worth filing a complaint? I would like to be as professional as possible. What would be a best case scenario? Worst Case?

Edit: They said they hired the other guy because he had more experience. One of the job requirements was Jquery to which the successful candidate replied, "what is that?" Also, the degree requirements were for a BA in Computer Science and he has a BA in Business Information Systems. I realize they both deal with computers, but with different areas of expertise.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You are not an employee of the company so you are not in a position to dispute the decision of the company. Going to HR, if they will even meet with you, is not going to result in anything positive for you. I worked with a company with similar policies and they would open then immediately close the position externally when they had preselected a candidate. There is nothing obviously illegal about what has happened here so even if you complain you are not going to come out on top. You might be able to scuttle the selected candidates opportunity, but in doing so you are going to make an enemy of someone in the decision making process, which means that they are going to find a reason no to select you either.

Turn this into a positive. Be upbeat and do your best for your current manager. Ask them to provide you with a letter of reference. While this seems like a tough time for you it could be a step that launches your career to new heights if you make the most of it. The fact that my former managers are willing to provide a good reference for me has helped my career more than if I had simply stayed with my first good company that I worked with. Take the opportunity you have and make the most of it. Go out with a smile and looking to the future and good things will follow. Make a mess on your way out the door and no one will care how great you were while you were there.

The most important thing for you to realize is that this company has no obligation to you beyond what they have committed to in writing. Currently that is your current contract that is ending in two weeks. It is quite possible that your manager is no happier about the selection than you are but he would be unable to express this to you. But now you need to look at what is the best course of action for you. I see no route that does not include finishing out your contract professionally and leaving with dignity that ends up positive for you in the short term. Leave with them wanting you back and grow your career else where. There have been a few times where I left jobs I really liked and did not want to leave but every time I have moved forward in my career and ultimately it led to growth professionally that would not have been available had I been able to stay where I was.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community