How many thank you letters during interview process?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have just completed an interview, and sent a thank you email to the hiring manager and the president of the company. They were both in the interview. If I have a second interview, do I send another thank you email/letter? Also, If they offer me a job do I send another thank you letter? How long after each should I wait to send the letter? Should I expect a response from any of the thank you letters? All of the interviews have and will be in person.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I have been on both sides of the equation. Over the last thirty years, I have been called to approximately 40-50 interviews with both recruiters and hiring managers. I have also interviewed 20-25 candidates, both individually and as part of a panel. I have never sent a Thank-You card or email, nor have I received a Thank-You card or email. That being said, I am in the IT field, where social acumen tends to not be judged as highly as technical expertise and experience.

That being said, I always personally thank the individual(s) in attendance at the close of the interview for their time and consideration. When it comes right down to it, I have always felt that the interview process is a time to seek confirmation for a decision that has tentatively been made. I tend to rely more on the presentation of the resume or CV as a better initial indicator of the potential value of the candidate. The purpose of the interview is to determine how closely the person I meet matches the person I read about. There have been situations where there was clearly a mismatch between the two--some candidates underestimated their abilities and potential value, while others leaned toward self-aggrandizement.

If sending a Thank-You card or email makes you feel good and is something you want to do, just do it. If you are asking if the gesture will tip a scale in one direction or another, I haven't heard of any instances where that was the case in the 21st century, but, then again, I haven't heard from everyone

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community