I cancelled my third-round interview - can I get another chance?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I recently had two very good interviews over the phone with a hiring manager. Both interviews were pretty technical and I suspected that round 3, the on-site interview, would be more of a formality/behavioral/team-fit type of interview, just to see whether we'll all get along together.

However, I impulsively canceled this round 3 interview, on the day of the interview, telling the human resources lady (not the hiring manager who interviewed me over the phone) on email that I am planning to stay longer at my current job because things are in an exciting stage here.

Now I regret it and wish to be reconsidered. What could I do to ask for reconsideration? Should I apologize too? I feel at this point there's nothing to lose from asking them and expressing interest again.

For clarity: I don't have the email or phone number of the hiring manager that conducted the phone interviews; the human resources lady set up my appointments and confirmed the interview details with me.

Note: yesterday was the scheduled on-site interview.

Update: I wrote an email to the HR lady and apologized for the inconvenience that I may have caused them and I expressed interest again and asked whether they could reconsider me. I told her honestly that in the moment that I canceled my interview I had felt somewhat attached to my current place of work, but that I do have plans to leave soon.

The lady emailed me back later in the day to give me the phone number of someone in charge of these decisions, and she said that he'll decide how to move forward. I couldn't reach him on Friday afternoon so I intend to try him on Monday morning. Thanks everyone for your answers and comments :)

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Now I regret it and wish to be reconsidered. What could I do to ask for reconsideration? Should I apologize too? I feel at this point there's nothing to lose from asking them and expressing interest again.

You should call immediately.

Apologize and indicate why you backed out. Tell them that you thought it over and would like to be reconsidered. Then hope for the best.

You are correct that you have nothing to lose.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community